Welcome to Dugong Beach Lodge
Discover the tranquillity and unspoiled paradise of Dugong Beach Lodge; set within the boundaries of The Vilanculos Coastal Wildlife Sanctuary, the first privately managed Specially Protected National Park in Mozambique. Located on 30 000 hectares of pristine marine and wildlife territory, it provides a unique ‘Beach and Wilderness’ experience in a hidden corner of sub-tropical Africa. This diverse eco-system of wilderness and wetland, with its powder white beaches and crystal clear water is host to a magnificent array of fish, dolphin and very importantly, the nearly extinct “Dugong”. Shallow and deepwater reefs reveal beautiful creatures such as the leatherback turtle, sailfish, manta ray, to name a few. Big deep-sea game fishing of marlin and barracuda is truly spectacular and the large flocks of flamingos and pelicans are a sight to behold.
Dugong Lodge, perched right on the edge of the beach is an idyllic setting with ten luxury tents built on raised decks in the shade of Msasa Trees with Jecka grass canopies. The lounge and restaurant on raised Mahogany timber decks with a jetty jutting out into the protected Vilanculos Bay , afford one breath taking views of the ever-changing colours and hues of the water dotted with the white sails of ancient dhows.
10 luxury Beach Chalets and 2 Luxury Villas. Each chalet has an en-suite bathroom and a separate outside shower, and is equipped with hair-dryer, fan and mosquito net, all open onto a private patio. The Villas have 2 individual en-suite bedrooms and a private plunge pool.
- Bar – offering poolside refreshments
- Lounge equipped with TV monitor and a DVD player
- Restaurant specialising in seafood and local Portuguese cuisine.
- Boardwalk jetty with a gazebo at the end, a perfect setting for sundowners or private dinners.
- Fresh water swimming pool
- Marine sports centre
(see rates below, note: rates subject to change without notice)
- Bangwe Island Escursion – 4 hours (per boat) USD 440.00
- Magaruque Island Excursion – 5 hours (per boat) USD 495.00
- Pansy Island / Two Mile Reef Snorkeling trip or Fishing Trip (per boat) USD 880.00
- Boat Hire (per day) USD 990.00
- Ocean Safari or Surf & Fly Fishing – 4 hours (per boat) USD 770.00
- King Point – 5 hours (per boat) USD 440.00
- Nature Drive including World’s View & Fishing Village per person : USD 35.00
- Diving Trip (Double Dive) – On request at the Lodge (rate tba)
- Sundowner CRuise – per person : USD 20.00
- Dhow Cruise – per person : USD 20.00
- Deep Sea Fishing craft
- Diving and snorkelling equipment
- Hobie Cat
There are now daily direct flights from Johannesburg to Vilanculos with LAM and 5 days a week with SA Airlink, as well as regular flights from Maputo. We will be happy to book these for you.
On arrival at Vilanculos Airport , visitors are required to clear Customs and Immigration.
Guests travelling by car must make prior arrangements for “meet and greet” service.
TRANSFERS BETWEEN VILANCULOS AND DUGONG LODGE
Transfers are by boat and takes approx. 30 minutes. In the interests of passenger safety no transfers will be done after 15h00. Guest arrivals affected by delayed flights should be accommodated at the expense of the airline concerned and will be transferred the following morning.
Guests are requested to check out at 10h00 on the date of departure.
Please note that this is a Malaria area. Please consult your physician or pharmacist for advice regarding precautionary measures.
All bedrooms are equipped with mosquito nets and anti-repellents are available at the Camp.
pp per night
- including all meals, and various Value Adds are applicable for stays of 4 nights or longer.
Rates start from US$ 400.00 pp per night including all meals, and various Value Adds are applicable for stays of 4 nights or longer.