Welcome to the AVANI Pemba Beach Hotel & Spa
Situated just outside of Pemba, the capital of the Cabo Delgado province, the hotel offers exclusivity and tranquillity in an idyllically beautiful and tropical setting on the unspoilt Mozambican coastline.
The AVANI Pemba Beach Hotel & Spa has become very much a Business hotel, but is still the ideal place to stay a night before heading to one of the stunning islands in the Quirimbas Archipelago.
The Pemba Beach Hotel has over 150 rooms; some interleading, plus an Executive Suite and a Presidential suite; all of which are sea facing, with individual balconies or terraces. The bedrooms have en suite bathrooms with bath and shower, air conditioning, mini-bar, satellite TV, direct dial telephone, coffee/tea making facilities, electronic safe, international plug sockets and hair dryer.
A lá Carte menus and buffets specialising in fresh seafood are served in the Quirimbas Restaurant with its lovely alfresco terrace.
Lunch can also be a relaxed affair around the pool or at the Club Naval bar situated at the Watersports Centre.
The Pemba region is one of the best fishing hot spots in the world. The main focus is on the Quirimbas Archipelago, a string of islands beginning about 60 km north of Pemba and continuing almost to the Tanzanian border 270 km north, with shallow water amongst the islands but very deep channels close inshore with unbelievable fishing. Various operators offer boating and other excursions from the Pemba area.
- Niassa Bar for tantalising cocktails
- A rim-flow swimming pool overlooking Wimbe Beach
- Two Tennis Courts
- Beach volleyball
- Touring desk
- Mountain bikes and & 4-wheel motorbikes for hire.
- City Tours and visits to Lurio Waterfalls, Cashew nut factories, etc.
- Business Centre providing all modern communications, including Internet access
- The Cabo Delgado Conference Room, air-conditioned with standard equipment including DTP, fitted screen, PA system, recording and play-back for up to 200 delegates.
- The Mueda Boardroom with multi-media facilities for smaller business gatherings or private dining
- Complimentary Pemba Airport transfers
- Secretarial service
- Club Naval Marina with additional restaurant and bar, for a different dining atmosphere.
- Watersports centre offers sailing; kayaking; paddle skis and windsurfing at no charge to hotel guests. Motorised water-sports on offer include skiing, wake-boarding, para-sailing and tube rides. Scuba diving, Sunset Cruises and fishing excursions are also available.
There is not much difference in temperatures, with the range stretching from 33 degrees in December to 28 degrees in June.
AVANI Pemba Beach Hotel is situated near the sleepy town of Pemba, in the northern Mozambican province of Cabo Delgado, approximately 240km from the border of Tanzania. It lies between Pemba Bay and the lovely Wimbebeach.
Pemba – formerly known as Porto Amelia – is a historic town, steeped in colonial and trading history and a gem to explore. There are local and traditional shops, as well as an authentic local market or Souk, where arts and crafts, as well as traditional silverware can be bought.
On one of the world’s largest inland bays, the hotel is close to a number of breathtaking attractions. These include the beautifully untouched Quirimbas Archipelago, a group of 32 islands, including historic Ibo; a major trading centre in previous centuries when Africa’s East Coast was controlled by Arabs, and later became a Portuguese colony.
Two forts guard Ibo, one of them a magnificent example of Portuguese architecture in the 1800s, the other reduced to a ruin. Yet Ibo itself remains a bustling local centre, silversmiths still practicing their fine work outside these forts to offer unique mementos of a special place in Africa.
Not all those who wander are lost…