Holiday packages to Mozambique | North or South?
We travel, not to escape life, but for life to not escape us; and holiday packages to Mozambique present a golden opportunity to escape the daily grind and enjoy the fun side of life. With an abundance of sun and balmy weather all year round, Mozambique is a barefoot break paradise that promises total relaxation with a myriad of activities such as whale watching, scuba diving and snorkelling to choose from.
Anantara Medjumbe Private Island
You’re guaranteed of an unrivalled experience at Anantara Medjumbe Private Island that is described by visitors as “secluded, romantic” and “idyllic.” Here are some fast facts about this island utopia:
- A tiny speck on the map, it is only one kilometre in length and 300 metres in width!
- It forms part of the Quirimbas Archipelago, a group of islands, just off the northern coast of Mozambique.
- Easy to reach, it is a mere 45-minute charter away from Pemba Airport.
Accommodation on the island is available at the boutique Anantara Medjumbe Island Resort in the form of 12 beach villas that fuses understated elegance and rustic, eco chic style. Apart from blissful options for relaxation such as lazing around the pool with a cocktail, enjoying a gourmet picnic, reading in the loft lounge, or playing board games, there are also a host of other activities to indulge the adventurer in you:
- Scuba diving: Make use of the fully equipped diving centre and diving instructors and explore reefs of up to 50m deep.
- Fishing: Get to the best spots with a 31-foot Gulf Craft, discover shoals of pelagic fish or indulge in fly-fishing of Bone Fish.
- Water sports: Sail into the sunset on a dhow sailing boat, hop onto the paddle boats or a Hobie cat, go kayaking or try your hand at water skiing, knee boarding or tubing.
Azura Quilalea Private Island
If the notion of a boutique retreat to a place and space that is totally uninhabited resonates with you, then the 86 acre sized Azura Quilalea Private Island will be your holiday dream come true. Here are a few interesting pointers on this little fantasy island:
- Quilalea Island is 1 of the southernmost islands of the Quirimbas Archipelago.
- It has 1 of the few safe deep water moorings in the area.
- Subsequently, this is where Portuguese and Arab traders of old anchored their dhows.
- Apart from staff and guests, no one else lives on the island.
This is also one of the Mozambique holiday resorts that are renowned for ultimate luxury at unbelievably economic rates. Accommodation on the island is supplied in the form of nine luxurious and trendy seafront villas that were purposefully designed with rich, natural textures to blend into the milieu beautifully.
Most importantly, Quilalea Island is one of the only properties in the Archipelago that lies within a fully protected marine area. As a result, it has an abundance of marine life, with frequent awe-inspiring sightings of turtles, game fish and the most exquisite corals – a little piece of heaven on earth for nature lovers.
Considering a wealth of options and undiscovered gems like these in Mozambique, the only question that remains is… “Do I go north or south?” For more information and the latest specials on holiday packages and accommodation in Mozambique, simply go to www.mozambiqueislands.com.