There is nothing like a holiday at the sea. That is the sentiment of many local South African residing in the land locked provinces of South Africa, which accounts for the migration to the beautiful beaches along Kwazulu Natal Coastline during the national school holidays.
The only problem with this general migration is over-crowding. For this reason why not think about taking your next school holiday or vacation with the family at one of the many beautiful beach hotels along the coast of Mozambique or even better on an island beach resort off the coast of Mozambique – in the Bazurato Archipelago or Quirimbas Archipelago.
There are a number of luxury resorts which are right on the beach of Mozambique or on one of the many islands off the coastline.
Bazurato Archipelago Island Resorts
The following are some of the beach and island resorts in the area:
- Marlin Lodge has 19 en-suite chalets that stretch along the beach of Flamingo Bay on Benguerra Island.
- Benguerra Lodge is the smallest and most intimate of the lodges in the Bazaruto Archipelago, with thatched chalets built on stilts and merging with the indigenous forest.
- Bazaruto Lodge on the north side of Bazaruto Island is uniquely situated close to excellent diving and fishing areas of the Archipelago.
- Indigo Bay, having recently undergone major renovations and upgrades, is now considered to be the top island resort in Mozambique, offering unsurpassed service and luxury.
- Dugong Beach Lodge, with 10 luxury chalets, is situated within the Vilanculos Coastal Wildlife Sanctuary
- Azura is an exciting new luxury eco-boutique retreat on Benguerra Island, with 14 private Beach Villas and a Presidential Villa.
Quirimbas Archipelago & Pemba Area Information
The following are some of beach and island resorts in the area:
- Matemo Island Resort with 24 beach chalets is ideal for family leisure as well as fishing & diving enthusiasts.
- Medjumbe Island Resort is an intimate, highly exclusive resort on a special, tiny island with just 13 luxury chalets, providing a private island haven unique to Africa and perfect for those romantic getaways.
- Pemba Beach Hotel is situated on the shores of Wimbe Beach. Accommodation consists of more than 60 sea-view rooms and suites overlooking the warm Indian Ocean.
- Londo Lodge is the latest up-market development in northern Mozambique and is situated on the southern border of the Quirimbas, just north of Pemba town.
- Ibo Island Lodge is located on the prime waterfront site of the island, which is approximately 70 nautical miles from the mainland city of Pemba.
Southern Mozambique Beach Resorts
- Flamingo Bay Water Lodge is situated in the pristine tidal bay of Inhambane. The entire lodge is built on stilts and all the luxury water chalets are connected via wooden walkways. This eco-paradise is home to flocks of flamingos, tropical fish and the very rare dugong.
- Barra Lodge is set in a picturesque area in Mozambique, with unspoilt beaches, bordered by the Inhambane estuary on one side and the sea on the other.
- Pestana Inhaca lodge is located on Inhaca Island, across the bay of Maputo and is ideal for a weekend getaway with the family.
Book your Beach Holiday in Mozambique
Mozambique GSA is able to offer a number of unique and specialised packages with many of the beach and island resorts as well as itemised honeymoon packages. We have negotiated these specials with the hotels and lodges on your behalf.
To view a list of our current specials click here >>
Book your next beach holiday with Mozambique GSA by calling us now on +27 11 476 4143 or +27 83 299 432 or email us at INFO@MOZAMBIQUEISLANDS.COM