Mozambique beach accommodation has never felt this good. Wriggle your toes in the sand or just put your feet up. It is now even easier to travel to Mozambique as visas are available at the borders for non-South African citizens and South Africans do not require visas to visit Mozambique.
With the Easter and school holidays coming up in April, we have compiled a list of family-friendly lodges and beach accommodations in Mozambique for family holidays that will leave everyone smiling.
Quirimbas Archipelago and Pemba Area
A luxury, five star quality resort close to the Quirimbas National Park. Diamonds Mequfi Beach Resort is the perfect place to unwind in style and experience the untouched beauty of Mozambique from the private veranda of one of the beach bungalows.
Ossimba is a luxury eco-lodge on a private beach, surrounded by a beautiful indigenous forest. All of the accommodations are built from brick and concrete with thatched roofs, and the lodge runs entirely on solar energy. Enjoy the uninterrupted sea views and surrounding forest, which is swarming with bird life.
Bazaruto Archipelago Vilanculos Area
- Azura Benguerra Island
What better way to relax than on one of Mozambique’s beautiful island lodges? Azura is a luxury eco-boutique resort and has private beach villas and a spa. Azura means ‘beautiful blue’. How fitting for beach accommodation surrounded by turquoise seas and sparkling white beaches.
Southern Mozambique Area
- Machangulo Beach Lodge
Gorgeous, untamed, and untouched are some of the words that could be used to describe Machangulo Beach Lodge. From the boat trip to the lodge to the surrounding forests and dunes, Machangulo is the holiday destination and resort you’ve been hoping to find.
- Massinga Beach
Massinga offers the best of Mozambique: Pure white beaches, forests, delicious seafood, and insight into the Afro-Portuguese culture. They also offer luxurious beach accommodations. You’ll be so comfortable; you won’t want to leave.
- Mozambique has pristine beaches and clear blue seas, therefore, activities such as snorkelling, diving, deep sea fishing, and exploring rock pools are perfect for your beach holiday.
- You can also opt for more adventurous activities such as spearfishing, swimming with dolphins, hiking or windsurfing.
- Or you can put your feet up and relax, go stargazing or visit the spa.
- Feeling cultural? Go on a guided tour to some of the islands or nearby villages.
Tips for a great Mozambique beach holiday
- The best time to visit Mozambique for the perfect mix of weather are the months of April and August as the days are warm and the rain offers relief in the evenings.
- Bring your passport and all vehicle registration documents if you are travelling by car.
- You can drive to the southern areas of Mozambique, however, when travelling to the northern areas, especially with younger children, it will be much easier to fly.
- Take your malaria tablets along and Imodium tablets are also a good idea.
There are many other fantastic Mozambique holiday destinations to choose from, so all that is left for you to do is choose one, throw your flip-flops in a bag and come experience the best of Mozambique.