OSSIMBA BEACH LODGE
Situated on a remote beach 30 km outside Nacala at the entrance of the bay, Ossimba Beach Lodge offers a superb beach, water sports and scuba diving. It is surrounded by 50 hectares of natural forest teeming with bird life. This is an Eco Lodge run purely on solar energy. Ossimba Beach Lodge is a newly built luxury lodge situated in Northern Mozambique. Built on 1.5 km of pristine beach, the lodge offers excellent scuba diving, snorkeling and other water sports. Being at the entrance of Nacala Bay, the water is crystal clear most of the year and the reef is protected as a marine reserve. Excellent birding and walks are an additional attraction. The lodge has a modern, well appointed kitchen.
- Approx 30km East of Nacala at the entrance of Nacala Bay.
HOW TO GET THERE:
- Presently fly SAAirlink from OR Thambo direct to Nampula.
- Transfer via taxi to Ossimba ( approx 3hrs). Cost R1000.00 one-way ( up to 4 pax).
- LAM fly to the new Nacala Airport on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. Transfers to Ossimba free ( approx 35mins).
- Ossimba Beach Lodge is a new luxury eco lodge situated on 1,5kms of pristine, private beach surrounded by 50ha of beautiful indigenous forest.
- All structures built from brick, concrete and grass thatch roofs.
- The lodge has its own bore-hole water and is run entirely from solar energy.
- There are currently 8 large chalets of 110 sqm each.
- Two more twin roomed family chalets are going to be built later this year.
- All have king size beds with cotton sheets and duvets.
- All have king size mosquito nets with a wooden paddle fan inside the net.
- All are en-suite with double basins and inside and outside showers.
- Hot water generated by solar heating.
- Separate loo.
- Chalets are at least 15m apart for max privacy.
- Honeymoon suite also has a big double bath.
- All chalets have uninterrupted views of the sea.
- All chalets have private access to the ocean.
- Each has its own safe and secure doors and windows.
- Five chalets are positioned on either side of the central entertainment area to avoid waking too far.
- Uninterrupted sea views.
- Big lounge with ample comfortable sofas and chairs in 3 areas.
- Restaurant area next to a modern, well appointed kitchen.
- Bar area and seating.
- Food prepared by our experienced chef using fresh ingredients daily.
- Fresh sea food daily.
- A fusion of local and international cuisine.
- Extensive wine list.
- Guests arrive under a thatched roof leading into the reception.
- The pool is positioned next to the lounge area.
- All new Scubapro equipment.
- Bauer compressor.
- Gemini 6,5m dive/fishing boat.
- Lodge is surrounded by coral reefs and warm, crystal clear water.
- Wrecks and dive spots in all directions.
- Bird watching in a bird paradise.
- Whale watching ( July-Sept).
- Scuba diving
- Ocean Kayaking
- Mangrove swamp kayaking
- SUP boards
- Spear fishing
- Forest walks
- Visits to the local village
- Day trip to the world heritage site of Ilha do Mocambique ( Mozambique Island)
- Sunset boat cruises
- Boat trip around Nacala bay with lunch at a restaurant.